Losing a pet is never an easy thing. The caring staff and veterinarians at American Animal Hospital treat you and your pet with the utmost respect and compassion during this hard time. We can advise you on when is the right time, and help your pet pass peacefully over the Rainbow Bridge, at our clinic or in your home. With every peaceful passing, we make an imprint of your pet’s paw print into a clay heart that you can keep as a treasured momento of the love and joy you shared.
We partner with Forrest Run Pet Cremation Service & Memorial Tribute Center. To learn more about their services, including memorial urns, jewelry, stones and more, visit their Web site at www.forrestrun.com.
We will be compiling a video honoring our beloved ones who have left us and will be publishing it on this page. If you have a pet who has passed and would like him or her included in this video, please email your pet’s info and photo to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pet Loss / Bereavement Links
- Veterinary Wisdom – Comprehensive resource for support before and after the loss of your pet. We strongly recommend this site.
- Grieving and Loss Support – Provided by the Dumb Friend’s league one of the largest animal welfare leagues in theU.S.
- Grief Articles– Courtesy of the Human Animal Bond Trust.
- Healing and Inspirational Poetry – Lots of poems and stories about the loss of your four-legged friend.
- ASPCA Pet Loss Resources – Articles and hotline information to help you heal.
- Delta Society’s Pet Loss Resources – Directory of hotlines, articles, books, and memorials.
- PetLoss.com/phones – Listing of pet loss support hotlines.
- Fine Art In Stone – A local artist who can produce pet memorials from a photo.